COVID-19 Telehealth Resources
Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS)
CMS Announces Expanded Telehealth Benefits for Medicare Beneficiaries
· Provider Fact Sheet
· Medicare FAQ Document
U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS)
HHS Office of Civil Rights Easing Enforcement of HIPAA Standards for Telehealth Services
· Notification of Enforcement Discretion
· Office for Civil Rights (OCR)
· Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA)
Iowa Medicaid Enterprise (IME)
IME continues to release informational letters for billing services related to coronavirus and COVID-19 for both managed care and fee for service.
· IMS Informational Letter No. 2119 – Update to Billing Services Related to Coronavirus and COVID-19 (3/19/2020)
· IME Informational Letter No. 2115 – Billing Services Related to Coronavirus and COVID-19 (3/11/2020)
Wellmark has announced that it will waive telehealth credentialing standards, allow telephonic visits, and ensure payment parity for telehealth services.
· COVID-19 Provider Communication
· Telehealth Coverage Update Press Release (3/19/2020)
· Details Available in Wellmark Provider Portal
UnitedHealthcare has announced it will waive telehealth originating site restrictions, allows telephonic visits, and ensures partial reimbursement for telehealth services.
· UHC Provider Telehealth Policies
· UHC COVID-19 Telehealth FAQ Document
Several partner organizations have developed resources to help practices understand the changing telehealth landscape. They have graciously allowed IMS to share these on this resource page.
Paramount Health Options
Paramount Health Options has assembled a telehealth billing and coding quick reference guide for commercial insurers.
Iowa Medical Group Management Association (IMGMA)
The IMGMA Payer Relations Committee has developed resources and assembled additional resources from their national partners to assist with telehealth information.
· COVID-19 Telehealth Payer Resource Guide
· IMGMA Telehealth Webinar and Handout Library
(Note: Due to Capacity, Live Webinars are Available Only to IMGMA Members; Recorded Webinars and Handouts are Available to Anyone)