IMS Board Holds December Meeting
Date of Publication December 15, 2017
On Wednesday evening, the IMS Board of Directors came together to host a holiday reception for central Iowa specialty society physician leaders, as well as physician leaders from Des Moines University and other partner organizations in the Des Moines area. On Thursday, IMS held its final Board of Directors meeting for 2017. This full day of work included the following areas:
- Approval of the 2018 IMS Legislative Agenda
- Approval of the 2018 IMS Operational Budget
- Report on 2017 & Review of 2018 Organizational Goals
- Review of IMS Federal Advocacy Efforts
- Report on 2017 AMA Interim Meeting
- Approval of Expanded IMS Membership Models
- Report on Upcoming IMS Events
- IMS Presidential Citation Presentation to House Speaker Linda Upmeyer
Following adjournment of the Board of Directors meeting, the Policy Forum convened in a special meeting
to approve four amendments to the IMS bylaws.
2018 promises to be another exciting and busy year for the Iowa Medical Society. Watch upcoming IMS publications for additional details on many of the new initiatives discussed at this week’s Board of Directors meeting. Photos from this week’s events, including a special holiday guest appearance, have been added to the IMS Facebook page.