IBM Releases 2014 Annual Report
Date of Publication (April 6, 2015)
The Iowa Board of Medicine recently release its 2014 Annual Report on licensure and regulatory activities. According to an IBM release, the board took the following actions in 2014:
- Administered active licenses for 11,538 physicians and 52 licensed acupuncturists.
- Received 647 complaints and mandatory reports and completed reviews or investigations of 726 case files.
- Took 66 public disciplinary actions and issued 90 confidential letters of warning and education.
- Filed charges against 34 physicians and issued six public consent agreements.
- Assessed civil penalties totaling $65,000 involving 16 cases.
- Amended or promulgated three administrative rules, including one to expedite licensure of veterans who are qualified to practice medicine or acupuncture.
- Held seven two-day administrative meetings, five teleconference meetings, and two disciplinary hearings.