Wednesday, September 26, 2018
Des Moines University
Olsen Center, Des Moines, IA 50312
Doctors take an oath to save lives but are taking their own at an alarming rate, trapped in a toxic healthcare system that puts their lives and their patients’ lives at great risk in an epidemic that’s been covered up for decades—until now. The Iowa Medical Society has partnered with Des Moines University to have an exclusive screening of the film, Do No Harm. The event is free to physicians and providers in the community.
6:00 pm: Reception
6:45 pm: Do No Harm Documentary Screening
8:00 pm: Panel Discussion
In addition to the evening screening, Des Moines University is hosting a screening for students, faculty and staff on September 26. The screening will be followed by wellness activities. For more information and to register, visit here.
The Iowa State Innovation Model (SIM-IA) is supported by grant # 1G1CMS331400-01-00
from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Centers for
Medicare & Medicaid Services. The contents of this publication are
solely the responsibility of the authors and do not necessarily
represent the views of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
or any of its agencies.
Continuing Medical Education:
- MD: This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Iowa Medical Society (IMS). Des Moines University (DMU) is accredited by the IMS to provide continuing medical education for physicians. DMU designates this live activity for 2.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- DO: Des Moines University (DMU) is accredited by the American Osteopathic Association (AOA) to provide osteopathic continuing medical education for physicians. DMU designates this program for a maximum of 2.25 AOA Category 2-A credits and will report CME and specialty credits commensurate with the extent of the physician’s participation in this activity.
- DPM: Des Moines University (DMU) is approved by the Council on Podiatric Medical Education as a provider of continuing education in podiatric medicine. DMU has approved this activity for a maximum of 2.25 continuing education contact hours.
- Nurse: Des Moines University is Iowa Board of Nursing approved provider #112. This live activity has been reviewed and approved for 2.25 continuing education contact hour(s). No partial credit awarded.
- Other healthcare providers: This live activity is designated for 2.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™.
No commercial interest company provided financial support for this continuing education activity.
Everyone in a position to control the content of this educational activity will disclose to the CME provider and to attendees all relevant financial relationships with any commercial interest. They will also disclose if any pharmaceuticals or medical procedures and devices discussed are investigational or unapproved for use by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA). Determination of educational content and the selection of speakers is the responsibility of the activity director. Firms providing financial support did not have input in these areas. The information provided at this CME activity is for continuing education purposes only and is not meant to substitute for the independent medical judgment of a healthcare provider relative to diagnostic and treatment options of a specific patient’s medical condition.