Continuing Medical Education
The Iowa Medical Society is a recognized body of CME provider accreditation by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education. Currently, IMS accredits 16 health care organizations in Iowa. In addition, IMS provides a wide range of educational programs for which physicians can earn CME credit. For more information regarding CME providership or educational offerings, please contact at (515) 223-1401, ext 207.
Become a Provider
Current CME Providers
- Reaccreditation Guide (PDF 193KB)
- File Tabs (WORD 1.0MB)
- CME Activity List (XLS 26KB)
- Instructions for Printing Tabs (PDF 24KB)
- Instructions for Submitting CME Activity List (PDF 55KB)
- Performance Improvement Labels (PDF 53KB)
- CME Coordinator's Forum (educational Offerings, Forum, archived sessions)
- FAQ Not available yet.
- IMS Guide to the Progress Report Process (PDF 49KB)
Surveyors / Committee Members
- Agendas Not available yet.
- Document Review Form (PDF 278KB)
- Survey Report Form (PDF 575KB)
- Educational Opportunities Not available yet.
CME Policies and Procedures
- ACCME® Essentials and Elements and
The ACCME Standards for Commercial SupportSM (PDF 171KB)
- IMS Policies and procedures (PDF 83KB)
- IMS Fee Schedule (PDF 26KB)
- Glossary, Terms and abbreviations (PDF 41KB)
- Procedures for handling complaints and inquires (PDF 36KB)
- Procedures for reaccreditation and appeal (PDF 26KB)